0

Younis Khan to retire from international cricket after West Indies series 2017


Younis Khan, the 40-year-old Pakistani Batter, announced his retirement from international cricket on Saturday (April 8), confirming that the next rubber test against the West Indies will bring down curtains in his career.

Younis's withdrawal comes after Misbah-ul-Haq, the veteran test captain from Pakistan, also decided to hang up his international cricket boots, following the series in the West Indies.

"Every player has to retire one day," Younis said. "The excellent cricket players bid farewell to the game, but the show continued, I will continue to serve Pakistan after my retirement, I was under a lot of pressure, receiving calls from all over the world, but there comes a time in a player's life when they have You have to make a decision.

Younis Khan Announced Retirement After WI Series

"I have always tried to keep my head high and serve a Pakistani player who should serve his country. Those who know me, know that I have tried to serve Pakistan the best [I could] and Pakistan a step forward. Mistakes, I hope they are ignored. "

Younis made his first-class debut for Peshawar against Karachi in January 1999. On the back of fine performances on the national circuit, he made his raid on the side of the test for the three-match series against Sri Lanka in March Of 2000. He immediately made an impact when composing a century in his debut in the test against the island nation in Rawalpindi.

He put consistent performances during the initial phase of his test career. However, he was removed from the list after adding only 79 and 34 races, respectively in the series of tests against South Africa and Bangladesh in 2002-03.

"When I got to the team, there were names like Wasim Akram, Rashid Latif, Inzamam-ul-Haq and other great players and the team continues to perform well even after these players, so it will continue to happen like that," he said. "But I think this is the right time for me to leave the sport as I want to leave on the high note. I will stay in touch with the cricket in some way or another."

The tenacious cricket player made a successful comeback in the test of the series against Sri Lanka in 2004, where he racked up 138 races to an average of 69. Younis then took his game to a high level by scoring 553 runs at an astounding 110, 6 Against India in 2005-06.

"In the past, they said these things, what Pakistan will do with the big stars that are leaving, it will be difficult ahead ... but life never stops anyone, it has to move forward," he said. "When I entered, they shared the costumes with players like Rashid Latif, Moin Khan, Inzamam, Wasim, Saeed Anwar and I thought about what would happen if they faded. All pressure will come on us as junior players.

"But after two or three years Pakistan still did wonders, as in 2009 I won the T20 World Cup with young people around me ... I think Sarfraz [Ahmed] has the opportunity to get up and take the Pakistan team on and we must think in this way."

Younis Khan Announced Retirement After WI Series

In 2009, when Sri Lanka traveled to Pakistan, Younis became the third cricket player in the Asian country to make a triple of a hundred in Cricket Test. Later that year, Younis also led his country to a memorable T20 World Championship triumph at Lord's in England, where they defeated Sri Lanka in the final to lift the trophy.

Younis, who first captained Pakistan in the West Indies in 2005, however, soon resigned from his role due to a parliamentary inquiry into alleged party-fixing that was believed to have taken place during his time as captain. Despite being cleared in the investigation, Younis had said, "Yes, I have submitted my resignation because I am disgusted by these accusations of party arrangements made against me and the team."

In 2010, Younis was also banned indefinitely by the Cricket Board of Pakistan for "internal fights that knocked out the whole team during the Australian tour in January." Although the ban was overturned a few months later, he was not selected for the England tour in 2010. It was only after the spot-fixing scandal that broke out in England, resulting in the suspension of Mohammad Amir, Mohammad Asif, and Salman Butt that Younis made his way back in the set-up.

Since returning to the Test in 2010-11, he has been in splendid form, evidenced by the 4717 races he has accumulated to an astounding 56.83 average in that period.

He is the only cricket player in Pakistan who has scored more than 9,000 tests. As of now, it has compiled 9977 runs in the longest format of the game. Younis was also named as one of five Wisden cricketers of the year for 2017.

"This is not a sudden thing, it was always growing and few of my friends knew it. Although I had a plan to retire after surpassing Javed Bhai's [Miandad] record, then I was motivated to complete 10,000 races, so I have La Which is why I announced it before people started asking me for more, then they could ask me to take 11,000 or 12,000 or I can start thinking to reach Sachin's 15,000 runs. Humans can never be satisfied but I am not In a Time to get so far, so I want people to respect my decision and allow me to fulfill my future plans. "

The veteran played 265 ODIs and recorded 7249 runs. He hung up his 50-over format boots after playing the first game of the five-game ODI series against England in November 2015. He also added 442 runs in 25 games in the shortest game format.

Post a Comment

 
Top

Powered by themekiller.com